Monday, May 12, 2014

EdCC Hires Beitel as Women's Soccer Head Coach

LYNNWOOD – Edmonds Community College Athletic Director Jorge de la Torre announced the hiring of Brittney Beitel as women’s soccer head coach on Monday, May 12. Beitel will take over the program for Jeanette Delaney who stepped down last month after nine years at EdCC.
The Tritons won the NWAACC North Region regular season title in 2013 and reached the NWAACC Championship game.
“Brittney was the clear choice of the athletic administration and she impressed both Jeanette and our men’s coach, Brandon Mitalas,” said de la Torre. “Brittney has some big shoes to fill, but I am confident that she is more than up to the challenge.”
Beitel’s coaching experience includes working as an assistant under Darren Bell at Skagit Valley College and as a coach for the Washington Rush, a premier soccer club in Everett. 
Beitel competed collegiately at the Division I level for the University of Idaho, where she earned her bachelor’s degree in Science and Physical Education. Beitel prepped at Emerald Ridge High School in Puyallup, and also played with the Nortac Blaze in Tacoma.
“I am equally humbled and excited for this opportunity,” said Beitel. “I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life, here at Edmonds Community College. I know I have a great deal of responsibilities to fulfill, but I welcome the challenge!”
Beitel resides in Everett and also works as a personal trainer at Colombia Athletic Club.
“I am anxious to start the new season and share my knowledge and experiences with the Women’s Soccer Program,” stated Beitel. “I cannot wait to get to know everyone and continue the solid foundation put forth by Coach Delaney. Go Tritons!”

No comments:

Post a Comment